Since 1983, Energy Michigan, Inc. has been devoted to the protection and promotion of alternative and independent power supply, co-generation, advanced energy industries and their customers in these industries in Michigan.
Energy Michigan intervenes in MPSC cases involving theses issues:
- DTE Energy and Consumers Energy cases on allocation and standby rates
- Cases to develop retail wheeling and fair competitive bidding programs .
- Actively opposed a variety of anti-competitive and “anti-co-generation” rates and programs that would unfairly minimize the opportunities for attractively price power from alternative and independent power suppliers.
- Co-generation and advanced energy technologies.
- Retail competition- implementation of tariff rules for Alternative Electric Suppliers and Electric Choice customers.