Since 1983, Energy Michigan, Inc. has been devoted to the protection and promotion of alternative and independent power supply, co-generation, advanced energy industries and their customers in these industries in Michigan. As determined by its Board and Contributing Members, Energy Michigan intervenes in Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) cases affecting alternative and independent power supply, co-generation, advanced energy industries and their customers, and retail competition.
Energy Michigan has actively participated in many MPSC cases affecting these industries, which include:
- DTE Energy and Consumers Energy cases on allocation and standby rates
- Cases to develop retail wheeling and fair competitive bidding programs
- Actively opposed a variety of anti-competitive and “anti-co-generation” rates and programs that would unfairly minimize the opportunities for attractively price power from alternative and independent power suppliers
- Co-generation and advanced energy technologies
- Retail competition- implementation of tariff rules for Alternative Electric Suppliers and Electric Choice customers.